Tuesday 3 May 2011

Grey, blue and new.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Full-time sartorial inspiration: blue, grey, shirts and high-waisted bottoms. The first photo, by Jacques Henri Lartigue, is one I never tire of. I especially enjoy how similar, but incredibly different the girl is to to the three men in front of her. They wear hats and carry bags but represent very different ideas through their appearance, the old and the new.

P.S. I'm finally done with school for the semester, and have been working quite hard on a few projects- but more to come on that in a few days. I am currently having problems with Polyvore, so I will have to postpone the Literary Style posts for a longer time than I had planned to. Worse comes to worst, I'll simply do my collages by hand, oh well!

Photos: 1 (J. H. Lartigue), 2, 3 (K. Hyams), 4.

4 comments:

  1. Love love love the first photo!

    So chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh la camille you and i are in sync..at least with this post! my hair and dress is here in these pix...;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm loving blue at the moment too, from navy to cornflower and everything in between. and grey is always my default neutral haha.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Jane: Should I play mix and match? From what I can gather, I'd say... no 2 with no 4? I'm a bit jealous, I've been looking for a dress like that ever since I saw that photo, it's so pretty and fun :)

    hannah-rose: You can rarely go wrong with blue or grey (it's my default neutral as well!). I think Chloë Sévigny once said that she's been addicted to grey cardigans since highschool, and I can definitely relate to that. x

    ReplyDelete

Dear reader, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do my best to respond to all comments in a timely manner, and although I sometimes may be slow, you can be sure they will all be answered by the time a new post has been published.