Friday 20 June 2014

Mood, June 2014

Summer 2014 Mood Summer 2014 Mood Summer 2014 Mood Summer 2014 Mood Summer 2014 Mood Summer 2014 Mood
Summer 2014 Mood

Mood - June 2014.

Over the past 5 years, the summer jobs I held were all in freezing, over-air-conditioned spaces, if not real fridges. Therefore, I haven't had to truly dress for summer full-time since 2009. But this summer, things are different. I have a new job - more on that soon - and the new sartorial opportunities it offers are particularly exciting to me. Suddenly, everything sleeveless gets worn, I've gotten enough wear out of that silk tank from Boxing Day 2008 for it to finally redeem itself as a judicious purchase, 5+ years later. Above are a number of images including elements that have been appealing to me lately: soft and muted colours, grey-blues, moss greens, and sunset tangerines; mixes of workwear and flowy fabrics; soft, very worn t-shirts; good, messy, too-clean hair; sheer beige socks (Cheap Date was right all along); and embracing glasses, trying to anyway.

Sources: Chantal Anderson, Andy Grellman, Tali by Styleclicker, Greta Villiger by Maya Villiger, Ultramarine Vintage, Elise Mesner, Margaret Howell 2012 (?) ad.

3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to do the opposite and embrace contacts! It's been a struggle haha but I think I will go try out a new prescription this weekend and see how that goes, otherwise the glasses will continue. I love them anyway, so it's okay with me!
    Hope your summer has started off well...we just booked out tickets out of Korea! Too excited. I also cut off my hair and just tried to dye it bond...I'm waiting for it to dry right now. Changes ahoy!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do update me on all those changes - exciting! Hope all is well with you! xox

      Delete
  2. I can definitely relate to the summer/air-conditioning dilemma. It's hard to dress in seasonal clothes when your office feels like a totally different time of year! Thanks for sharing these beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete

Dear reader, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do my best to respond to all comments in a timely manner, and although I sometimes may be slow, you can be sure they will all be answered by the time a new post has been published.