Sunday 13 January 2013

High Standards



 
Track list:

1. Track 3, Joe Meek

2. For Your Love, The Yardbirds

3. Ode to the Wind, Danny and the Counts

4. Hey Joe, The Leaves (pre-dates the Hendrix version!!!)

5. I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night), The Electric Prunes

6. Friday On My Mind, The Easybeats

7. Eight Miles High, The Index

8. You Showed Me, The Turtles

9. Summer Kisses, Winter Tears, Elvis Presley

10. You're Mine, The Bachs

11. Come On, The Atlantics

Here's a mix of tracks I've already posted about here, as well as fresh ones, and overall a list of favourite personal 'standards' I keep going back to.

Just a warning: the first track is recorded louder than most tracks (and features vocals by the tone-deaf Joe Meek, but that's another story), so I recommed you don't start it too loudly for fear of falling off your chair. Also, if you really like tracks 1 and 7, you can download the entire albums they are featured on for free over at the awesome FM Shades (here and here), where I found them myself.

Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do my best to respond to all comments in a timely manner, and although I sometimes may be slow, you can be sure they will all be answered by the time a new post has been published.