Saturday 16 October 2010

Revolving around my mind

Michela_Heim

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Michela Heim's photos have been constantly revolving around my mind recently. Her aesthetic revolves around nostalgia, but also in the stillness of the subjects she captures, making them appear as if they had always been there and will remain there after the shutter has closed, a notion of permanence even in movement. It is that permanence that makes them stick to my thoughts so much, driving me to see my daily life through her lense, falsifying colours and making images truer to life by involving a mood and not only a clear representation of reality. This is what photography is about, the past and the immortality of a moment, and she represents both perfectly.

For more fantastic photos, visit Michela's blog and flickr!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this post - the fact that photos depict both emotions and reality is so true! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was a bit afraid to be completly wrong, or that no one would get what I mean, but you reassured me! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are lovely! i especially love the ones where the focus is the hair... i like the idea about permanence too, that's what photos are - making memories permanent

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Dear reader, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do my best to respond to all comments in a timely manner, and although I sometimes may be slow, you can be sure they will all be answered by the time a new post has been published.